As the Director of Specialty Access Programs, you will be responsible for working with biopharmaceutical sponsors, specialty pharmacies, McKesson business partners and internally across business units to develop product strategies for the CoverMyMeds Specialty Solution.
You will work with customers and software development teams to design innovative solutions that extend our technology platform to enable providers and specialty pharmacies to coordinate care and manage treatment for patients with specialty medications.
You will develop fresh ideas to grow and scale our Specialty Access practice, creating the right blend of existing tools, new solutions, and assets from McKesson, our parent company.
You will also manage business development opportunities, create ideas for new technology products, help to define and prioritize the product development roadmap and deliver executive presentations. Most of all, you will ensure the Specialty Access team is a key partner to the business and instrumental in driving success for the company.
You will be supported by a cross-functional team of account managers and sales representatives, pharmacy and payer experts, clinicians, program managers and software development teams in an innovation and results focused environment.
This position reports to the Vice President of Specialty Access Programs and over time may include direct reports.
What You’ll Do
As the Director of Specialty Access Programs, you will be responsible for defining specific areas of product development and differentiation for the CoverMyMeds Specialty Solution to drive revenue opportunities and clear value propositions for sponsored programs.
The Director, Specialty Access Programs will lead customer workshop meetings to elucidate and define drug and program specific requirements to streamline the coordination of patient care. This requires excellent listening and communication skills to translate problems into solutions. You’ll work internally across the business to develop concepts, pricing models and timelines.
Work with senior teams to develop new innovative solutions for the specialty market with CoverMyMeds, McKesson Specialty Health and Relay Health.
Support joint business development activities, speak at industry conferences and serve as a content expert for manufacturers, patient support teams and specialty pharmacies.
· Act as a strategic partner to the organization to understand needs, customize approaches and become a highly-trusted advisor.
· Utilize data and analytics to ensure we are performing and improving.
· Must have the ability to travel 25% of the time.
· Always be learning about our industry, trends in specialty pharmacy and reimbursement, and leadership to keep our approaches best-in-class.
· Demonstrate CoverMyMeds core values and work within the highest standards of professionalism, legal and regulatory compliance.
Four-year degree in business, science, pharmacy or equivalent experience. MBA or MPH degree is a plus.
• 10+ years experience developing and managing patient support programs, market access strategies, and overseeing vendors that provide case management support services for products administered in clinic settings or dispensed through specialty pharmacies.
• Proven experience with the reimbursement process for drugs covered under both pharmacy and medical benefit, electronic services for providers and manufacturer hubs, copay assistance and legal compliance.
• Equally comfortable in a client facing business development role and communicating clear design concepts to internal technology teams.
• A natural collaborator who seeks out new perspectives and builds trusting relationships with partners and team members.
• Exceptional relationship skills. A true leader able to influence without direct authority.
• Proven experience communicating complex ideas to advance innovation concepts among pharmaceutical manufacturers, specialty pharmacies, providers, EHR platforms, payers and software development teams.
• Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills.
• Very comfortable in a rapidly growing and changing organization.
CoverMyMeds is one of the fastest growing healthcare technology companies in the US. We help prescribers and pharmacies submit Prior Authorization requests for any drug and nearly all health plans - 100% free - to get millions of patients on their medications every single year. Our team of highly-productive healthcare enthusiasts, startup junkies and everything in between is the best thing about working here. On-site chef, flexible hours and paid benefits? Yeah, we have those too. But don’t take our word for it. We’ve been named to Glassdoor's top 50 places to work in the nation, Inc. 500’s list three times, were awarded one of the top places to work by Modern Healthcare and three times won best places to work in Columbus, Ohio.
Want to learn more? We’re flattered. Check out: https://www.covermymeds.com/main/careers/